Our Education Committee held its first meeting of the 2022-23 academic year on July 28th. This meeting was attended by new and old committee members alike. Some topics included:
- Recruitment of Committee Members and Committee Officers
- Presentation from the NC Black Alliance and REI.
- The Health Committee and their community partners having a HEALTH FAIR on Saturday October 22nd.
- School Nutrition Applications
- Upcoming Back to School Drives and Events
- PTA & Branch Membership Drive
- Other topics surrounding community collaboration with regard to education
“The current roster of the Education Committee contains 13 dedicated members, community leaders and organizers, all of whom are committed to assisting with the ‘advancement of the disadvantaged’ especially in relation to our Black citizens, their families and other disadvantaged families in our district and beyond”, says Committee Chair, Tony Graham. “I am looking forward to working with this group of individuals who stand committed to the betterment of our community.”
Meetings are held on the Third Tuesday of Each Month. NEXT MEETING: August 16th, 2022 @ 7:00 p.m.