The right to vote is one of the most valuable constitutional rights granted to most Americans. That is why the NAACP was pleased and proud to see H.R. 4, the Voting Rights Advancement Act pass the U.S. House of Representatives on December 6, 2019, by a decisive margin of 228 – 187, renamed the “John R. Lewis Voting Rights Act of 2020” on 7/27/2020; one week after Congressman Lewis’ death.
- John R. Lewis Voting Rights Act of 2020
- RECAP: NAACP Hosted Virtual Town Hall Featuring Senator Mitt Romney
- NAACP Reinforces #StopHateForProfit Campaign After Congressional Hearing
- NAACP Kicks Off 111th Annual Convention with Arts, Culture & Entertainment Festival
- Statement from Philadelphia NAACP President Rodney Muhammad Regarding Facebook Post