The right to vote is one of the most valuable constitutional rights granted to most Americans. That is why the NAACP was pleased and proud to see H.R. 4, the Voting Rights Advancement Act pass the U.S. House of Representatives on December 6, 2019, by a decisive margin of 228 – 187, renamed the “John R. Lewis Voting Rights Act of 2020” on 7/27/2020; one week after Congressman Lewis’ death.
- NAACP President and CEO, Derrick Johnson, Speaks with Wolf Blitzer on Upcoming Biden Meeting
- Coinstar Adds NAACP Donation Option on Kiosks Nationwide
- NAACP and Experian Launch Home Preservation Grant to Support African American Homeowners at Risk of Losing Their Homes
- The NAACP Mourns the Passing of David N. Dinkins, New York City’s First and Only Black Mayor
- NAACP | Democracy Still Stands