President Trump has nominated Andrew Brasher to serve on the Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, which covers Alabama, Florida, and Georgia. The Eleventh Circuit presides over the highest percentage of African-American residents of any circuit in the United States. Mr. Brasher’s confirmation to this lifetime position is expected to come before the full Senate the week of February 10, 2020. The NAACP is strongly opposed to this nomination. Put simply, Mr. Brasher has demonstrated that he would put his extremist ideology ahead of judicial fairness in any decisions he made.
- NAACP | Justice Ginsberg’s seat
- Oprah Winfrey, NAACP and National Voting Rights Leaders Join Together for National Town Hall: “OWN Your Vote: Our Lives Depend on It”
- NAACP Devastated by Passing of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- NAACP Launches “Power of 5 – Community Voter Outreach Program” For National Black Voter Day and National Voter Registration Day
- Minnesota Will Mail Absentee Ballot Applications to Registered Voters Due to COVID-19