President Trump has nominated Andrew Brasher to serve on the Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit, which covers Alabama, Florida, and Georgia. The Eleventh Circuit presides over the highest percentage of African-American residents of any circuit in the United States. Mr. Brasher’s confirmation to this lifetime position is expected to come before the full Senate the week of February 10, 2020. The NAACP is strongly opposed to this nomination. Put simply, Mr. Brasher has demonstrated that he would put his extremist ideology ahead of judicial fairness in any decisions he made.
- Jill Scott and H.E.R. Set to Perform at 51st NAACP Image Awards Jill Scott and H.E.R. Set to Perform at 51st NAACP Image Awards Airing Live on BET Saturday February 22, 2020 AT 8 P.M./7 P.M.
- NAACP Strategic Expansion to Support Policy and Advocacy Priorities
- Bill to make Washington DC a state is on the move!
- Congressman John Lewis Announced as Recipient of Chairman’s Award for 51st NAACP Image Awards
- NAACP Calls For Justice in the Hate Crimes Committed by Holden Matthews